We Can Change Healthcare for the Better
The New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Value - supported by the nonprofit HealthInsight - brings together purchasers, employers, physicians, healthcare systems and hospitals, consumers and state leaders to create change in the healthcare system to benefit the people of New Mexico.
Performance Measurement and Public Reporting: Measuring and publicly reporting on healthcare performance helps doctors and hospitals identify what is working well and areas for quality improvement.
Quality Improvement: Assisting healthcare doctors, nurses and hospitals to identify and implement techniques and protocols to improve patient care.
High Value Outcome-Focused Payment Reform: Improving the payment system by exploring new ways to pay doctors and hospitals using quality models of care to improve patient outcomes.
Healthcare issues were formerly centered on access and cost. The Coalition has gotten quality on the table in New Mexico.” Nurse Leader
What happens when you invite the community to work on the shared goal of healthcare improvement? True results.
- Created an employer learning community that shares best practices on value-based purchasing.
- Supported dialogue among employers, healthcare providers and insurance plans on healthcare costs, quality measures and payment reform.
- Initiated the first primary care public reporting—benchmarked against national performance--in the State of New Mexico.
- Worked with physician practices on office process redesign to improve quality and efficiency.
- Reviewed ways to improve patient and family experience when discharged from the hospital, known as transition of care.
- Successful community education campaign on when to use the emergency room.
- Held public events for employers, physicians, health system personnel and consumers featuring national healthcare reform experts.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation recognition on the health transformation work that the Coalition has brought to New Mexico.
Sustaining the Vision