Better, Smarter, Healthier
Keep moving forward!
Knee and joint replacements in the 21st Century
Where and How Will This Model Cross Over and Improve Care and Reduce the Costs for Knee and Hip Replacements?
The New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Value is bringing together the three hospital systems (Lovelace, Presbyterian and the University of New Mexico) for an educational seminar on the CMS-Comprehensive Joint Replacement Initiative they are a part of effective April 1st.
Date: July 15, 2016
Time: 7:30-11:30 A.M.
Location: Albuquerque International Balloon Museum
Did you know that total joint replacement surgery for knees and hips is one of the most common and fastest growing types of surgery and it’s growing at triple digit rates as baby boomers age? You will want to attend to hear about the efforts to improve results while decreasing costs!
This seminar is just another way the New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Value is working with its members to create a healthcare system that delivers better care, spends dollars more wisely and leads to healthier New Mexicans.
Registration and continental breakfast
Welcome to the Event (Pat Montoya, NMCHCV executive director, and Mark Saiz, NMCHCV chair)
Physicians Perspective on the CMS- CJR Initiative on Hip and Knee Replacement
- Dr. Jeff Racca, Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon, New Mexico Orthopaedics
- Dr. Dustin Briggs, UNM Hospital Health System, SRMC Orthopedic Attending
CMS Insight and Overview
- Claire Schreiber, MS, Lead for Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Model
Albuquerque Hospitals Present and Engage -- What They Are Doing Under the CMS-CJR Initiative on Hips and Knees – (Panel Presentation)
- Lovelace Hospital – Derrick Jones, MSHA, MBA,CEO, Lovelace Health System
- Lovelace Medical Center – Dr. Vesta Sandoval, Medical Director
- Presbyterian Hospital – Beth Tibbs, MBA, Surgery Service Line Administrator, Presbyterian Central N.M. Delivery System
- Presbyterian Medical Group - Dr. David Arredondo, Executive Medical Director
- UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center – Petra Bergenthal, RN, Quality Consultant
- UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center – Paul Huckabee, RN, Orthopedic Program Coordinator
Dialogue with the audience to include questions and answers
Wrap up and Conclusion
Sponsored by the New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Value and the following: